Tuesday, February 1, 2011

To Clear up Facebook Confusion

For those who are wondering:  Why the heck am I asking questions as my facebook status? What is the RIGHT answer to those questions? And what's the deal with my profile pic?

Ok, first of all I am involved with a group called Campus Crusade for Christ or CRU (and not the rowing kind). Despite the stigma behind the word "Crusade," what that group is really about is helping college students walk with Christ for their lifetime. Our WSU CRU's vision is: A world transformed, one Coug at a time. That is because we think the message about Christ that can be found in the bible, and is evidenced in the lives of those who closely walk with Jesus, is transformational. We believe that if the Gospel truly touches your life, that will change everything. The context we choose to share this message is on an individual level. We don't want anyone to feel like a number, or to slip through the cracks. Personal relationship building is key. Our vision is as big as the world, because we believe that as people's lives are being transformed, they will begin to live for God's Kingdom. Kingdom principles bring justice, and mercy. And God has asked us to share that we believe He is the only thing that truly brings peace and fulfillment to our lives. In the book of Matthew it says: "Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” We want to help other people know God, who will help other people to know God, who will help other people to know God, who will ultimately help the whole world to know God. We believe that would change the world in a radically positive way.


As a WSU CRU movement, we have collectively decided, this week, to spend time listening to, and trying to understand other people's perspectives. Each day of the week, we are asking a new question. I honestly care about what you think, and what you've experienced. We want to meet needs on this campus, physical, emotional, and spiritual. So this will help us to understand what those needs are. Hopefully, these questions will give us a better grasp on what our campus believes. I'm not here to judge, to convert or persuade you, or to tell you how dumb you are for believing whatever you may believe. There are not right answers that I'm looking for. I simply want to understand you better. And if you'd be interested, I'd love to help you understand my perspective as well. Jesus has transformed my life, and continues to give me what I need, and what helps me to come alive, even as I continue struggle. I hope you will feel comfortable sharing your perspectives on the questions I post that are related to God, life, and spirituality. (Even if you think your perspective might be different than mine). And if you're interested, I hope you will feel comfortable asking me those questions back.


Monday–What is the nature of God?

Tuesday–What is human nature like?

Wednesday–What is the meaning and purpose of life?

Thursday–Who is Jesus?

Friday–How do we discern spiritual truth?

(Feel free to answer those questions by commenting here, if it's easier or you feel more comfortable doing so).



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...