Monday, October 7, 2013

Taking a Maxi from Summer to Fall

A maxi dress is a great piece to wear on outings because you just throw it on and look instantly fabulous.  I wore mine this summer to the zoo, and just added a statement necklace.  It was breezy and comfortable in the humid Seattle weather.  Then I wore it again on a cool evening at the beach.   This time I added a light scarf that my sister brought me back from India, and an unbuttoned chambray.  As the weather begins to cool, I'm not quite ready to lay it to rest.  In order to stay warm in the crisp fall air at a pumpkin patch this weekend, I layered a white long-sleeved t-shirt and a pair of leggings underneath, added a cozy cowl that my friend Brittany made, and threw my army jacket on.  






This dress sure has seen some good times.  Wonder if I can find a way to stretch its use out through the long cold winter, too.  How do you wear maxis?  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...