Sunday, July 15, 2012

How Do You Measure a Year?

In some ways I can't believe it has been a year, and in some ways I can hardly remember life before marriage.  For all the ways that we're compatible, and all the ways that we're not God was so smart to bring Philip and I together.  He enhances my life so much!  The best part:  I love and respect him more today than I did one year ago.  Here are a few of my favorite moments from one of my favorite days.

Love was in the air!  (and not just between the bride and groom, I felt so much love and support that day.
When my mom gave me a necklace made with a diamond from her first engagement ring.  She said, "You and your sister are the best things that came from that marriage."
The way my besties looked at me when they saw me all dressed up.
Even better:  the way he looked at me when he saw me.
After all the stress of planning and getting ready, finally being in his arms was my favorite.
Posing for silly...
...and sweet photos.
Meeting these two, Phil's buds from the East coast, for the first time.
Hanging out with these lovelies.
Dad praying for me before the ceremony.
Being walked down the aisle by both my bio and step dad (they are both so important to me).
Taking communion while my friend sang, "Beauty of the Cross."
Bridal party chanted, "Arnold's on 3...1, 2, 3, ARNOLD'S!"
The first time we got a moment alone as husband and wife.
Making it legal woot woot.
Trying to decide whether or not to smash cake in his face :)
Watching the awesome video my sis made with our childhood photos and dating/engagement pics.
Getting moments to connect with people...
...who I care about so much.
Dancing!
Country Swing dancing (even though I ripped the bottom of my dress).
Country line dancing.
Looking into the eyes of my super hero.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...