Sunday, February 10, 2013

Fashion Risks: Bold Lips

I've been taking more fashion risks as of late.  This inevitably means more fashion fails and probably pictures that will embarrass my future children one day.  But I don't really care.  I've just been thinking, why the heck not wear what I think is fun and pretty?  Style is a way I channel my creativity and creativity requires risk.

That is how I came upon bold lipstick. I was after some bright red lipstick as inspired by one of my fashion role models:


I got Clinique Chubby Stick in one of their free tester bags awhile back, and fell in love with it.  It isn't greasy, and smeary.  It goes on feeling like chapstick and tints your lips even as it fades throughout the day.  So I wanted to try their new Chubby Stick Intense in Heftiest Hibiscus. 



Unfortunately, when I finally made it to my local Clinique counter the stylist went on a wild-goose-chase after the deep red I wanted and discovered they were out.  Boo.  I wasn't leaving there without some love for my lips so I decided to try the closest colors we could find:  Mightiest Marichino.  What we came up with was pretty similar to the red, but with more of a hot pink tint.  


I don't wear it every day, but when I do I feel sophisticated and daring.  It's a fun and easy way to quickly feel more dressed up on those blah days.  Muaw!


P.S. how cute does my little sis look rockin' the red lips?  I might just have to go back for the red-red.




1 comment:

Emmett Katherine said...

bright lipsticks are so fun! You should try MAC's Ruby Woo or Russian Red for intense red lips and if you're feeling adventurous MAC's morange is the perfect shade of orange. seriously, it's my favourite colour!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...