Monday, April 29, 2013

Bridal Shower Quiche


I got to celebrate my dear friend Katie this weekend by throwing her a bridal shower.  Katie is so precious to me, so I loved giving her a little lime-lite.  It was also great for me to have a creative outlet after weeks of doing homework, making lesson plans, and grading nonstop.  We did a classy brunch.  I served vanilla bean scones, fresh fruit, hash browns, quiche and a make-your-own Italian soda bar.  The quiche was hands down the crowd favorite.  I got so many compliments on it!  I usually don't share recipes, since I'm such a cooking newb and most of what I make comes from Pinterest anyway, but I thought I'd share this.

1 pie crust (I just bought a pre-made one, but any kind would work, just follow the directions on the box, or you could make yours from scratch if you have more Martha Stewart in you than I do).
3 eggs, beaten
1 c. shredded cheese (I used cheddar, but if you wanted to spiff it up a little you could use something fancier--I bet Swiss, or Gouda would be yummy).
1 c. milk
1/2 c. Bisquick mix
5 pieces of bacon chopped and cooked
1 c. fresh spinach (Popeye would approve)
salt and pepper, to taste (I sprinkled some freshly ground pepper on top in the name of making it look pretty).

1.  Prepare crust via instructions on the box in a 9 inch pie plate.
2.  Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
3.  In large bowl combine eggs, milk, cheese, Bisquick mix, (cooked) bacon, spinach, salt and pepper. Stir until ingredients look evenly distributed.   Pour into pie crust.  Top with pepper if you want your quiche to look even more fantsy pants.
4.  Bake at 375°F for 45-50 minutes.

{The Pinterest recipe that I adapted this one from)

Wasn't that easy peasy?  I don't have any pictures of the actual quiche I made because I forgot to bring my camera!  Ugh.  But I here's a pic. a friend took of all the food after it had been demolished--proof that it was tasty?




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...