Tuesday, May 7, 2013

How to give your girlish frock some street cred...

When shopping for clothes, I automatically find myself reaching for lace, pearls, glitter and all things girlie.  But there's a part of me that just wants to be a BA (you probably lose BA points if you have to use an abbreviation rather than the actual cuss word).  I love feminine dresses, skirts, and accessories, but like the edgy, hardcore, urban look as well.  I think it's just different parts of my personality coming through.  I've been told that I'm sweet and gentle, but when it comes down to it I am tough.  To embody that I pulled out one of the girliest things I own--a pastel-colored lacy dress--and attempted to give it some street cred.


Add an Army-inspired jacket.  Leather, or denim would probably suffice.  A geometric print necklace, and tights in the color black couldn't hurt either.


Lace up your combat boots, and you're ready to go.


Of course, making an intense pouty face will only add to the intimidating vibe you are putting off. 


Here's what my hubby was doing in between snapping shots of me trying to look tough: drinking more sugary liquid than humans were ever meant to consume.  He has got a serious drinking problem (no, not THAT kind).


How do you pair sweet and sassy items from your wardrobe?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...