Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Sweet Marriage Moment

Marriage is such a unique privilege.  Savory moments help me to keep that taste in my mouth, even through the sour spots.  We had created one of those last Sunday night.  Philip had the idea to have a dinner date at home.  On the menu was STEAK (the first time it’s ever been featured in this little apartment) mashed potatoes, corn, and for dessert brownies with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge.  We even upgraded our usual sparkling cider to some big boy champagne.  I’m pretty sure that half bottle of bubbly is the most alcohol I’ve ever had in one sitting.  For the record, we didn’t really like it.  We each finished off two glasses with great discipline.  
 
What I love about Philip’s romantics is that he pays attention to the detes.  I think it’s the little things that really make something special.  Look at this lovely table set-up complete with the pink roses he surprised me with: 

We dressed up. (you can’t tell but I’m wearing a pretty dress.  And yes those are Christmas decorations behind me...)

For him, this is dressed up J

Dinner.

Dessert.

Champagne.  Cheers!

    I would highly recommend the candle-light dinner date at home.  It’s so calm and peaceful (mind you, we don’t have kids yet).  It’s a great way to spend quality time together on a budget.  And your bedroom’s nearby just in case you want to take a nap because you’re so full from all those good eats.  P.S. sorry about the lame photography.  I had to snap these quick so we could get our date on.

What fun dates have you been on?  I would love to hear any creative dating ideas you think we should try. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A dinner date at home sounds like a lovely idea :) It looks like you guys had a fabulous time!

ps - now I'm craving brownies with ice cream, mmm.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening!!

Just curious what kind of champagne did you get?? I have a hard time drinking the really dry kinds like Brut. I really like Spumante, it is really sweet.

Tiffani

Chelsea girl said...

Tiff I forget what kind it was. It was white. We're drinking newbies (22 years old) but I'll keep Spumante in mind b/c I have a major sweet tooth...speaking of brownies w/ ice cream :)

Hannah said...

Ya, I'm sure NAPPING is why the bedroom is handy to have close by after a romantic date ;)

Uneventfully Wonderful said...

I gave your blog an award today. http://sarahschuelke.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-blog-award.html :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...