Thursday, January 12, 2012

Zoo in Review


Movie theater dates are kind of rare for us poor newlywed college students.  But we had to see We Bought a Zoo.  I laughed, I cried, I snuggled my husband close.  Some of my favorite quotes include:

Benjamin: "You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."

Kelly: "The key to talking is listening." 

Benjamin: "Hey Rosie, am I doing anything right?"
Rosie: "You're handsomer than the other dads. Lots of them don't have hair. So that's good."

Duncan: "I like the animals, but I love the humans."

Kelly: "Why did you buy this place?"
Benjamin: "Why not?"


The take away?  I thought it was a beautiful expression of real pain and suffering that everyone faces at some level.  It reminded me that risking it big, for the right reasons, can have a big pay off.  Phil's response was, "I hope it doesn't take you dying to motivate me to do something that crazy."  Seen any good movies lately?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...