Tuesday, August 21, 2012

End Table Makeover

Like much of the furniture in the cozy apartment we call home, this little end table was a hand-me-down.  A friend of mine from my Graduate program was moving and downsizing on some of her stuff.  Free is my favorite number so I took it!  It had so much potential, but needed a little love.  Philip is hesitant to let me play with our other furniture but since this was free and little consequence if we end up throwing it out I got to give this piece a little makeover.  Ideally, I would have liked to paint.  But since it is kind of cheap and we might ditch it before our next move I wanted to avoid getting attached to it and spending money on it.  I decided to refresh it using only materials we already had.


I think the wood is pretty and rustic.


The maroon squares on top, not so much.


I ferociously ripped pages from an old hymnal that I thrifted awhile back, and arranged them on the table.


I love using hymn pages because they look pretty and the words on them are so meaningful.


A little lot of modpodge later here is the finished project.


I also added a picture of us in a Forever21 frame and what I like to call a crap basket.  Now if I could just get my husband to put his keys, phone, and wallet there instead of strewn in unsightly places as per his usual habit.  *Sigh* one step at a time.

What do you think?  Have you been working on any Home/Apartment Improvement projects lately?






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...