Monday, January 7, 2013

First Day of School

Today felt like the first day of school for me.  It was my first day of full-time student teaching.  I was ready.

I made this for my kiddos:


They're always coming to me asking for a pencil.  I am pretty forgetful myself, so I feel their pain.  Thus, I thought I'd provide some extras.  I quickly gave a mason jar a coat of chalkboard paint, added some chalk, yarn, and a batch of freshly sharpened pencils (which almost gave me carpel tunnel) and it was ready to go. 

I picked out the perfect outfit, full of goodies from Santa my mama.  


Wouldn't you like this cute girl to help you write an essay?  I thought so.  

Then, I wrote my students a little letter.  Last semester, I was in and out for my pre-internship experience.  I felt like there was a lot of confusion like, "Who is this lady and what is she doing here?"  So I tried to clear that up, while also letting my students know that I care about them and that I intend to work as hard as possible to help them succeed.  Here is the note my 7th and 8th graders got:



Dear Students,

In case you forgot, my name is Mrs. Arnold.  I will be student teaching in Mrs. B’s English classes for the rest of the semester.  What the heck does that mean?  That means that Mrs. B is helping me become a better teacher, and I’m helping her to support your learning in any way that I can.  A few things I would like you to know:

1. I care about you.
2. I believe in you.
3. I will do whatever I can to help you succeed.
4. I will give you my best, and I expect your best.

I look forward to working with you!

Mrs. Arnold




Happy New Year to you, and Happy New Semester to me!




1 comment:

Uneventfully Wonderful said...

Love it! You are such a great teacher! :)
Can't wait to hear more stories from the classroom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...