Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patty's Day!

My husband has a deep love for St. Patty's day.  It is his second favorite holiday.  I think his blood runs green through his veins.  Mostly, he just loves any chance to prance around wearing something goofy.  On St. Patty's day, he always goes out looking like a Leprechaun.  His family goes to a St. Patrick's day parade every year, and then has corned beef and cabbage at his Grandma's.  The last few years I've joined in the fun.  I use the word "fun" loosely here as I don't exactly count freezing my Irish buns off in the crisp, early-spring weather with a bunch of kids running after candy and adults who've had a few too many green beers, fun.  Plus, I'm not a huge fan of corned beef or cabbage.  I do enjoy time with his family, and especially enjoy the glee in my husband's eyes.

So I try to be a good sport.  I have figured out that the only way for me to get excited with Phil about St. Patty's day is for me to use it as an excuse to buy new clothes.  Does that make me vapid and shallow???  I hope not.  Either way, here is my St. Patrick's Day Outfit this year.  And my very green, very cute husband.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...