Sunday, March 3, 2013

Reading Nook

Like many of you, I have been addicted to Pinterest for quite some time now.  While perusing I found lots of ideas for reading nooks.

{Via}
{Via}
{Via}
{Via}

Naturally, as a nerdy English teacher with a love for curling up with a good book and a cup of tea, I was smitten!  I filed the idea away for my future home.  I'm always dreaming about that.  Planning for the home that I have no idea if/when I will someday own.  I am still in college so it feels like everything is put on hold.  Sometimes I'm left living in the imaginary world of the life I hope to have one day.  The job, the house, the wardrobe, the potential cute kiddos.  But I want to live the life I have right now.  Because the truth is, I'm not promised anything more than today, and I certainly don't want to miss out on the miracle of right now!  So I thought, "Forget it.  I'm creating a reading nook right here, right now, in our crummy little one bedroom apartment with things we already have."


Wall art a friend made me with a quote that I LOVE.

Book shelf   (The quote and photos of kids from other cultures reading kind of tie in with the travel/world theme we have going on in our living room decor).


A bucket from our wedding that now holds magazines.

It may not be perfect.  It may not be pin-worthy.  But it's mine.  And I am enjoying what I have here and now.  How do you live in the moment and make the best of what you have now?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...