Monday, May 16, 2011

The Art of Compromise

When you getting married it seems like there are a million and one decisions to make. Decisions about the wedding, the honeymoon, living together after you're married, the list goes on and on. I am learning a lot about myself by getting close to Philip. At the top of this list is I like doing things MY way. I'm a pretty laid-back gal, and work well with others. But for some reason when I get an idea in my head I think it is the best idea ever. What I need to realize is that my ideas actually become better with people's input--especially with Philip's input. The way our personalities compliment one another makes Chelsilip (name given to us by Philip's groomsman David Gardinier) better than just Chelsea or Philip alone.


We took an opportunity to work on our future marriage at Michael's this weekend. I've been spending a lot of time there as I work on wedding decorations. Philip accompanied me on this trip. I saw some lovely ceramic birds which I thought would make perfect wedding cake toppers. I got it in my head that our cake toppers should be two lovebirds facing each other. Philip, traditionalist as he is, was hoping for the traditional man/woman in wedding garb cake toppers. He had come around to the bird idea when I found it. Take a gander at this:


Is it quirky.? Absolutely. Stylish? Questionable. But it was the perfect compromise. What are the odds that someone would combine birds and traditional cake toppers? Besides, we are a little bit quirky if you haven't noticed. Thank you Michael's for helping team Chelsilip practice the art of compromise.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Made me smile. Just the beginning. Some areas are way bigger than others- keep that in mind- most don't fit into the "worth going rounds over" category.

SusanD said...

Cute cute cute. Love the combination of your names. Mindy is so right about picking your battles. Great advice.

BTW, picnics are on my summer gotta do list. I'm working on my list and will have it posted soon. Thanks for stopping by and visiting. Blessings, SusanD

PS: I love my motorcycle. So much fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...