Tuesday, March 1, 2011

On My Plate

Check out this beauty from lindsayletters.com


I am doing a lot of DIY stuff for the wedding mostly for budget reasons to be honest. But when I saw this I had an "Aha" moment (excuse the Oprah jargon). I am going to make 3 versions of these for cupcake trays at my wedding. I will be scouring local thrift stores for pretty plates in my wedding palette. Add some gorilla glue and some clear glasses and voila! I will have a cute, affordable nest for my wedding cupcakes.

Oh and BTW...
There's a lot on my plate right now. Planning a wedding in 5 months (countdown: 4.5 months left) seems like a pretty big task. It's one that needed to be piled on top of doing school, work, ministry/leadership stuff with Campus Crusade for Christ, having friends, and oh yeah maintaining my relationship with my hubby-to-be. Preparing for marriage just takes time and energy--time and energy that I'm happy to spend. Blogging is one activity that helps keep me sane so I'll continue to do it.  If you're the praying type would you pray for me?  Pray that my life would still be about Jesus and not cakes, and love songs, and updos.  Pray that I would have the strength and time-management skills to do everything I need to do.  And pray that Philip and I will grow closer to each other and to God through this whole process.

1 comment:

traci said...

I'm glad you are going to keep blogging as I am loving your blog! Also call on me to help you if you need it. I do owe you and Nicole a visit when this silly weather calms down so we can work on some DIY projects :) Love you girly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...