Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Sister is Snoopy...


...And I'm so proud! My sister steals the show (am I biased?) in the play "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown." The thing about this play is: it has no plot. It's basically some of Charlie Brown's classic comic strips brought to life. Add in a few musical numbers and some cute high school kids to play the parts and voile! You've got a great show. The play was good for a lot of laughs and for displaying young talent.  Snoopy Jord sang beautifully! I think they cast her in the perfect role. Snoopy was honest, dramatic, expressive, funny, and wanted to bite people every once in awhile--which fits my sister. She was on stage the whole time, for the majority of it laying on her red dog house, then sitting up to describe some silly Snoopy ponderings. Jordan also had sang belted two solo musical numbers in Snoopy mode.



Some of my favorite Snoop Dawg lines:

"My teeth are tingling!"

"What's wrong with making meal times a joyous occasion?"

"Curse you Red Baron!"

"I will pounce...I just realized how far it was [from on her dog house] from the ground up here."

"Today I am a dog. Yesterday I was a dog. Tomorrow, I'll probably still be a dog. There's just so little hope for advancement!"

"I hate to disillusion her, but I don't even know what a rabbit smells like."




P.S. look at the FRONT ROW seats she reserved for the fiance and I. What a gem.
 
 

2 comments:

Brandy J. said...

It looks like your sister did a great job and I LOVE the way she saved your seats. Congrats on your upcoming wedding as well!! I'm new to your blog, but I'm crossing my fingers we'll be getting some wedding updates.

Chelsea girl said...

Welcome! Don't worry, you're lucky I'm talking about anything but wedding. I'm working on finishing my last 3 weeks of this semester at school and then I'll be planning (and sharing) non-stop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...