Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Puppy vs. Hubby

They got a puppy! I want one too!

From Adventures of the Newlyweds

Aaaaand here's the dilemma. Philip hates pets. I want to take every sick _________(insert any cute animal) home with me and nurse it back to health. We made a pact to not have any pets [who are too big to fit in a tank] for our first year of marriage. It's probably a good idea. We are learning a lot about compromise in premarital counseling. I know this verse is going to be applied to our marriage frequently:

Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. --Philippians 2:3-4

*sigh* In the best interest of my hubby-to-be I will squelch my desire for a dog for now, and focus the affection I would give that little guy to Philip instead. Belly rubs, scratches behind the ears, playing fetch--okay, just kidding about that last one. If we ever do get a dog, we BOTH like the following breeds:
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...